Calling all companies following the frog! Do you source your raw ingredients from Rainforest Alliance Certified™ farms and forests? Can the little green frog seal be found hopping across your product line? If the answer is yes, then we need you.
From September 16 to 22, we’ll be celebrating Follow the Frog Week. It’s one week dedicated to raising awareness of the Rainforest Alliance Certified seal, highlighting our collective achievements and celebrating sustainability!
So how can you participate? First, sign up for Follow the Frog Week. We’ll keep you up-to-date with campaign developments, new resources and tips for participating. Then, have a look at these five ideas for joining in on the annual sustainability celebration!
- Host an event. From a tasting session to a rainforest themed day, events are a great way to attract a crowd. Follow the Frog Week gives you the opportunity to really engage your customers in our collective sustainability story. It’s a chance for you to tell them why your products carry the Rainforest Alliance Certified seal, the difference it makes to workers and wildlife, and how they too can Follow the Frog.
- Use social media. With more than 1.6 billion in combined users, Facebook and Twitter are a must for any business. Social media is also a great way to reach out to your customers, start a dialogue and gain new followers. Follow the Frog Week will give you plenty to talk about on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and blog accounts—and it’s the perfect venue for sharing photos, videos and factoids about our work together, running contests, promoting your Follow the Frog Week events and spreading buzz.
- Engage your employees. Having staff on board is key to the success of any business sustainability program. If your team believes in what you’re doing, they’ll want to make your customers believe in it, too. Follow the Frog Week is a great time to inspire your colleagues about our work together. Consider hosting a staff training session or a rainforest theme day, or incentivizing your staff to speak to customers about Rainforest Alliance certification.
- Run a promotion. Whether your business is a café or an online retailer, promotions are a great way of rewarding your customers for choosing the sustainable option. They’re a simple, attention-grabbing way to tell your sustainability story and show your commitment to protecting the environment and the people who rely on it. It can be as simple as offering a coupon, voucher code or special promotion to followers on social media.
- Involve the media. Your events and promotions around Follow the Frog Week provide a great opportunity to tell local media that you’re supporting a greener future through a commitment to Rainforest Alliance certification. By involving your local media, you’ll not only be shouting about sustainability—you’ll be raising your own profile, too. [Need ideas for getting media attention? Consider tying Follow the Frog Week into a new product launch, hosting a tasting event for local media and bloggers, or simply taking advantage of our Follow the Frog Week press release template.]