What’s happening during Follow the Frog Week, September 16 to the 22? Educational events, online contests, travel discounts and more!
Events Hosted by the Rainforest Alliance
- London, UK. We’ll kick off Follow the Frog Week with our first-ever blogger event on Monday, September 16, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Bloggers are invited to visit the Rainforest Alliance’s London office to see our redesigned blog, hear from 2degrees editor Tom Idle and participate in coffee art lessons with an expert barista from Drury Coffee. This event is invitation only: please contact Alison Young to reserve your spot.
- Global. Join us on September 17 from 2 to 3 pm for a live Twitter party celebrating sustainable food. We’ll team up with Delicious Living magazine to discuss where to find responsible and natural products, and share green living tips. You’ll also have a chance to win great prize packages featuring products bearing the Rainforest Alliance Certified™ little green frog and a copy of the latest edition of Delicious Living. Join us by following @RnfrstAlliance and @DeliciousLiving on Twitter and using the hashtag #frogchat.
- New York, NY. Follow the Frog to Union Square in NYC on Saturday, September 21 from 10 am to 4 pm. Everyone who stops by this free, public event will have a chance to participate in giveaways and contests, chat with Rainforest Alliance staffers and hear from celebrity chefs–including Marco Moreira of Tocqueville and Larissa Raphael of Telepan—about the importance of sustainable food in their kitchens, from 12 pm to 1 pm.
Events Hosted by Friends of the Rainforest Alliance
- Buffalo and Rochester, NY. Throughout Follow the Frog Week, Ecoverde will set up coffee stations with complimentary Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee at a variety of locations. (Wednesday, September 18: University at Buffalo, 10 am to 2 pm; Thursday, September 19: University of Rochester, 8 am to 4 pm; and Friday, September 20: University of Rochester Medical Center, 8 am to 12 pm)
- Ontario, Canada. Timothy’s World Coffee will have a tent at Scarborough Town Center (300 Borough Drive, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada) from September 20 to the 22 in honor of Follow the Frog Week. On Friday, staff will be there from 9 am to 6 pm and on Saturday and Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm. Visitors will receive free Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee and learn about the on-the-ground benefits of certification.
- East Sussex, UK. On Tuesday, September 17 from 8 am to 5:30 pm Drury Southern Café and Shop in the UK will be hosting a Follow the Frog Week event. Highlights include: competitions for free coffee and other Rainforest Alliance Certified goodies, art challenges and an opportunity to meet Fernando, the giant frog. Drury Southern’s baristas will also be demonstrating their art with eye-catching designs on top of each cup of coffee. (Address: 12-18 Richardson Rd., Hove, East Sussex, BN3 5RB)
- Sidney, Australia. On Wednesday, September 18 at 7 pm, Ducale Coffee in Sidney, Australia, will host a Follow the Frog Laundry party featuring Rainforest Alliance Certified coffees from Cofi Com coffee brokers, music from DJ Lou Lou and complimentary food and beverages.
- Cusco, Peru. On September 19, Hotel Best Western Los Andes de America will be hosting an exhibition on the ancient techniques used to create Andean textiles. Visitors can purchase textiles and enjoy a special Andean menu at a 20 percent discount at the hotel’s restaurant, Kusi Sonqo.
- Alajuela, Costa Rica. Verdes y Colares will be hosting a special open house celebration in honor of Follow the Frog Week on September 19.
- United States. From September 16 to the 23, Yogi Tea customers will receive 10 percent off the purchase of any Rainforest Alliance Certified Yogi Tea.
- United States. The first 100 customers who visit Allegro Coffee bars at any Whole Foods Market in NYC on Thursday, September 19 will receive a free 12 oz. cup of the company’s Rainforest Blend coffee, made with 100 percent Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee. The Rainforest Blend will also be on sale for $8.99 a bag ($2 off) at all Whole Foods Markets from September 18 to October 1.
- United States. On Facebook, Balance Bar will offer a printable coupon for your next purchase. On Twitter, followers who retweet a Balance Bar message will have a chance to win a box of Dark bars (one winner per day during Follow the Frog Week).
- Canada.Throughout Follow the Frog Week, Timothy’s World Coffee will offer a $2 discount on all Rainforest Alliance Certified coffees purchased through their website.
- United Kingdom. During Follow the Frog Week, all Birchall tea customers are eligible to win a Rainforest Alliance plush frog toy with an online order for Rainforest Alliance Certified tea over £30. Drawings will be held once a day.
- United Kingdom. Williamson Tea will offer a 25 percent discount online for all customers from September 16 to 22 once #FollowTheFrog is tweeted to @Williamson_Tea 50 times. Those who tweet a picture of a Willaimson Tea Elephant caddy alongside a red-eyed tree frog or the Rainforest Alliance Certified seal to @Williamson_Tea will receive a free Green Nature Elephant caddy. The company is also offering a 20 percent discount on its full Waitrose range from September 9 to October 8.
- Global. Tetley is giving Instagrammers a chance to show off their commitment to Follow the Frog. Just mention @tetleyfarmers in your captions with the hashtags #farmersfirsthand and #followthefrog. Tetley will select one winner each day to receive a Rainforest Alliance tote bag full with Tetley goodies & a green frog toy.
- United Kingdom. To celebrate Follow the Frog Week, all restaurants at Ponti’s Group Limited will be running a competition Sept. 16 – 22 with Lavazza for a Tierra coffee gift set. The competition is open to anyone who purchases a Tierra coffee at Ponti’s Italian Kitchen, Caffè Italia, Ponti’s, Marine Ices and Ranch Burger. Customers will also receive a free coffee if they tweet a photo of their coffee to @PontisIK, @CaffeItalia, @Pontisgroup or @RanchBurgerUK during Follow the Frog Week.
- United Kingdom. Teapigs is offering a chance to win one of three packs of their everyday brew, which has been sourced from a Rainforest Alliance Certified farm, along with a plush, cuddly frog. To be entered for a chance to win simply follow @teapigs on Twitter and answerone of their questions during Follow the Frog Week.
- United Kingdom. Almondy will run a daily Twitter competition during Follow the Frog Week, Sept. 16 to the 22. Follow @Almondycake on Twitter to find out how to enter for a chance to win a Rainforest Alliance tote bag filled with a green, cuddly frog and Almondy goodies
- United States. Zavida Presents the third annual Rainforest Alliance Follow the Frog Coffee Gift Basket Giveaway! This year’s massive basket contains an assortment of 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified Zavida Coffees and other delectable treats. Contest entries will be accepted from Sept. 16 through 11:59 p.m. EST on Sept. 22.
- United States. Watch the @ClifBar Twitter and @ClifBarCompany Instagram feeds from Sept. 19 to the 22. If you spot a picture with the Rainforest Alliance frog seal, reply to the tweet with the hashtag #iFoundtheFrog and/or post a comment using the same hashtag on Instagram. Clif Bar will randomly select 100 winners from both channels (10 from each photo) to receive a plush Rainforest Alliance Frog and the new Sierra Trail Mix CLIF Bar. Two grand prize winners will receive a year’s supply of CLIF Bars!
- Global. From September 16 to the 31, Detour Destinations will be offering 10 percent off any Rainforest Alliance Verified trip in 2013 and 5 percent off any Rainforest Alliance Verified trip in 2014.
- Guatemala. Book your two-night Follow the Frog Week special with Eco Hotel Uxlabil Atitlan and receive a free bird watching tour, kayak rental and a surprise gift.
- Costa Rica. Hands Up Holiday is offering a special Rainforest Alliance Verified trip itinerary at a discounted rate for any guests who book before the end of Follow the Frog Week.
- Costa Rica. Discover Costa Rica with Il Viaggio Travel and receive a 10 percent discount on reservations made before September 30.
- Costa Rica. Follow the Frog to Costa Rica on a trip with Travel Excellence. Guests who book during Follow the Frog Week will receive a special discount.
- Costa Rica. Book a tour with Ruta 40 Tour Operator to receive a special Follow the Frog Week discount on a Rainforest Alliance Verified destination.
- Mexico. Immerse yourself in Mayan culture during Follow the Frog Week at Hotel Mayaland, where guests can participate in a traditional Mayan ceremony, cooking class, numerology, language lessons—and explore the sacred city of Chichen Itza.
Hope to see you at once of these great events!