In honor of Earth Day, we’ve come up with 12 easy ways you can celebrate Mother Earth every day of the year.
- Wake up with a cup of Rainforest Alliance Certified™ coffee, tea or hot chocolate!
- Before you head out the door, turn off all of your energy-efficient lights and flick off your power strip to avoid losing energy to vampires.
- Leave the car at home and bike to work today!
- Think before you print–and always choose the double-sided, narrow-margined printing option. (Get additional green office tips.)
- Skip the takeout (and all the associated waste), and eat your own lunch packed in a reusable container.
- Head to the grocery store with your reusable tote bags. Shop mostly on the periphery of the store, where you’ll find the freshest foods with the least packaging. Choose Rainforest Alliance Certified items whenever available.
- Replace paper dinner napkins with cloth, and paper towels with a stash of inexpensive dishtowels.
- Divide your waste and recyclables into categories: paper and cardboard, plastics and metals, compostable foods and plain-old garbage.
- Switch to simple, inexpensive cleaning solutions. (Hint: vinegar and baking soda can really do it all.)
- Teach your children about their local and global environments. Visit our Kids’ Corner to get started.
- Adopt-A-Rainforest to contribute much-needed funding to small, local conservation groups working to end rainforest destruction in the tropics.
- Feeling creative? Find ways to reuse things you already have at home, rather than purchasing something shiny and new.
Need more ideas? Head to the Green Living section of our website.